Thursday, January 22

Staying Afloat

There are several reasons for the declining post number:
  • I'm trying to stay afloat amidst the vast seas of insurmountable homework
  • I've been floating between blogs and am adding another to my list due to the oh-so-wonderful educational technology blog I must keep
  • I'm trying to float in a social world (which is getting to seem more and more impossible)
After spending a wonderful Christmas break relaxing at home, well, relaxing aside from all the Youth Works paper work and the four hour defensive driving course they required me to take, I'm back up at school. I've started my education methods courses - which are just as intense as was described to me. They're a double edged sword: we get to be in the classrooms, but because we're in the classrooms we have to do very professional lesson plans. Two credit classes seem like four. So, it's leaving me feeling left out because I am stuck doing homework when everyone else is out having fun. Hence the whole "staying afloat" metaphor."

Even though I feel awfully tired and disheartened at some points, I'm actually quite happy knowing that God is so good to me! My family is doing well and is happy (relatively speaking), and I really have nothing to complain about - and shouldn't even if I did. Psalm 91:4 is a really great verse to hold on to:

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Even though I've felt quite disconnected from a Christian body, and some-what from God, just seeing him at work protecting and being my refuge reminds me of His intense love for me. He is there.

No comments: