Sunday, September 14

Laughing

I love laughing. Seriously. It's one of my favorite hobbies. Who doesn't love laughing? Those moments when you're rolling on the floor, gasping for air, because someone said that inside joke from two years ago. I love it when my belly starts to hurt, or my mouth starts to hurt, or when my eyes start to water. Those are the best laugh. That's when laughing is the best.

I really don't know why God invented laughter. How do human beings even have a concept of something being funny or hilarious? I would have never thought of it. It's really not something we think of all the time. Laughter. We take it for granted. The ability to just burst out gasping for breath because something is so unbelievably funny. Have you ever stopped to think about how many different kinds of laughter there are? Some people snort, some people snicker, some people laugh silently, others chuckle.. some friends laugh differently every time they laugh. There is such a beauty in laughter. It's like God was composing a song when he created all the different forms of laughter. I wonder if He created laughter because He enjoys hearing us happy?

Just think about it next time you hear someone laugh, and delight in the creator who gave us the ability to laugh.


"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e.e. cummings


No comments: