Monday, December 8

Nowhere

This morning I went to my 8am final. This would be a good thing - if my final had been today. It's actually tomorrow. I guess it's better than missing a final, but I still felt like finals week didn't get off to a very good start. Upon hearing what I did, my friend Tiffany said, "Oh Lindsey, your brain is just everywhere!" I thought maybe that was it, but then I realized it's really nowhere. I've felt so nonexistent lately, like life isn't really happening. Like I'm just floating around in nothingness. Or life is just moving too fast and leaving me behind. It's a strange ethereal feeling. I don't like it.

After making some random allusion to my friend Matt he said, "I don't get you." I wonder who does. It kind of makes me sad to think that no one really understands me. I feel like I'm back in middle school again with my .3 friends. I shiver, thinking maybe no one will ever understand me.

Drew and I had a whole conversation about Bonsai trees today at the Office. It was completely random. Apparently they like lots of water. Maybe I'm a bonsai tree without water? Drew is really interesting because he's another Christian in the office (Yay!) and he actually just got married to a woman he met on an online Christian dating site. Very interesting, but he said it was amazing how perfect they seem for each other. Where's my Mr. Knightly?

Talked to my mom today, and she said she got a lot of things to bake. Yay! I love baking - especially around the holidays. It makes everything feel right. She also said Soviet (my betta) isn't eating. People say that fish don't have very good memories, but I swear BenG missed me and knew me. Maybe fish understand me better than people do.

I miss Sid.

No comments: