Sunday, December 7

Displaced

Life is so interesting sometimes (okay, try all the time). Mostly, I am happy for other people, and really just feel left out of it all. It seems like everyone is having their "moment." I don't know what it is exactly, can't put my figurative finger on it.

These feelings shouldn't be here. The Christmas banquet was grand - I had an excellent time. It seemed as though something was missing. I've definitely taken up Regina Spektor's song "The Call" from the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian as my silent battle cry.

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye..

It seems like the melody says so much more than I ever could. Something that I can't say.

I feel displaced.

No comments: