Monday, September 1

Shooting Stars

The sunset was amazing. An array of pinks, oranges, and blues painted the horizon as the sunk sank behind twinkling city lights. It truly took my breath away. Beyond the burning embers of the bonfire, millions upon millions of stars lit up the night sky. The milky way danced through their midst. Not only was God's creation displaying His glory, stars shooting across the expanse, but around the bonfire there was laughter and smiles (not to mention s'mores!).

How crazy it was that our bonfire 'just happened' to be next to one of the other campus ministry's bonfires, and that they had brought a guitar and we had forgotten. How crazy was it when we all began to sing praises to the glorious King of Kings together, one group, under one sky, praising one God.

Poetry took residence in the sand, in the stars, and in my heart. This is what I have for you today:

Looking at the stars
I ponder who You are
Giving Your son to die
For a sinner such as I

That the Creator of everything
The Great and Glorious King
Cares for this tiny creature
More than the stars I'm seeing

I fail so many times
Betraying myself to the father of lies
Still You take my back so readily
Looking past my inability

Staring at these stars, I know Your glory
Each sunset tells Your story
Showing me love beyond measure
May this life be for Your pleasure

How can people gaze up into the sky and believe it all just came into place like this accidentally?

No comments: