Tuesday, October 6

Nothing gold can stay

It is remarkable to me how closely the seasons can match those in our lives. A simple dialogue from The Outsiders reminds me of the changes in life and how quickly they come. It may seem premature for me to be writing about my life changing when I do not graduate for another semester but it's just like the weather forecast for this weekend. It's only October, and they are already predicting snow. It will snow this weekend.

It already seems as if I'm slowly receding from this place; getting ready to move onto something different. I do not see my friends as much, and if I do, it feels like we don't have much in common anymore. Realizing that I will be moving on, changing, and that they will be still here as college students is saddening. Why can't we go on this way, at least for a while longer? At least until I'm ready to let go.

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

-- Robert Frost



No comments: